Open: Menu Calgary Family Law Associates
  • Karen Muir 403-232-0847
  • Cindy M. Marshall 403-232-0842
  • Debbie D. Johnson 403-232-0838
  • Catherine E. Fox 403-232 0846
  • Laurie M. Anderson 403-232-0848

July 2015 Archives

Spousal support and what it looks like in Alberta

Spousal support is actually called "spousal and partner support" in Alberta. It can be ordered by a judge if there is an imminent divorce, or a divorce has already occurred. Also, if the parties are ending an Adult Interdependent Relationship, spousal support can be ordered.

What options are available in child support and custody issues?

Getting custody of your children, or even shared custody, when getting a divorce is a worthy goal. The family mediation offered by the Family Mediation Services of Alberta can help. They encourage communication, negotiation and cooperation by you and your soon-to-be ex-spouse. Resolving issues outside of the courtroom is what they hope to achieve on your behalf.