Tyler is a mediator and lawyer who practises family law exclusively, and has a background in litigating and negotiating complex claims. He works with clients in navigating the issues that arise on the breakdown of a marriage or common law relationship. He always adopts the dispute resolution approach best suited to his clients’ unique needs and circumstances.
Tyler obtained his Law degree from the University of New Brunswick, where he was on the dean’s list and received the 2008 Law Society of New Brunswick scholarship. He also attended the University of Calgary and Hiroshima University. He returned to Calgary to join one of Canada’s leading national firms as a summer student, then as an articling student and as an associate.
Tyler has litigated matters in all levels of Alberta courts, the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada. He has also represented clients involved in mediations, arbitrations and negotiations. He was called to the Alberta Bar in 2011.
Tyler is fluent in Japanese, has experience working in an all-Japanese environment, and is comfortable communicating with clients and counsel in Japanese or his native English.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Common Law Relationship
- Alberta, 2011
- University of New Brunswick, Faculty of Law, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada LL.B. – 2010
- Honors: 2008 Law Society of New Brunswick Scholarship
- University of Calgary, Canada B.A. – 2005
- Hiroshima University – 2004
- Honors: Exchange Student
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Alberta, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Family Section, Member
- Calgary Bar Association, Member